Beginning September 20, 2014, the Rice NW Museum will be open from 10 AM to 5 PM on weekends. At last, visitors will be able to enjoy the Rice NW Museum exhibits and shop the museum gift shop on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
These new hours coincide with the weekend of the Oregon International Air Show held at the Hillsboro Airport, which is just across the Sunset Highway (Highway 26). So come out this weekend, avoid the air show traffic, tour the museum, then stick around and enjoy the air show. Parking is free at the Rice NW Museum.
And please let us know what you think of these new hours. We’d love to hear from you.
- Rice NW Museum honored for educational exhibits at the 2014 Denver Gem & Mineral Show
- Faceting Classes 2014 – 2015 Schedule
- Volcano in Iceland Stops Air Traffic
- Earthquake Science
- Fluorescent Mineral Society Annual Meeting
- Rare Film Footage of Mt. St. Helens Volcanic Eruption
- History of the Solar System Found in Meteorite
- Rice Northwest Museum Summer Festival Featured in Oregonian
- 50th Annual Rock Show by the Clackamette Mineral and Gem Society in October