The Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals will open its doors free of charge on Saturday, September 27, 2014, as part of the Smithsonian magazine’s tenth annual Museum Day Live! A nationwide event, Museum Day Live! offers free admission to visitors who present a Museum Day Live! ticket at a participating museum or cultural institution.
Get your Museum Day Live! ticket at Smithsonian.com/museumdaylive Each ticket will allow two guest to be admitted at no charge. One ticket is permitted per household, per email address. For more information about Museum Day Live! 2014 and a list of other participating museums and cultural institutions, please visit: Smithsonian.com/museumdaylive/venues. And remember, the Rice Northwest Museum just extended our hours, the museum is open 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- New weekend hours for the Rice NW Museum announced
- Rice NW Museum honored for educational exhibits at the 2014 Denver Gem & Mineral Show
- Faceting Classes 2014 – 2015 Schedule
- Volcano in Iceland Stops Air Traffic
- Earthquake Science
- Fluorescent Mineral Society Annual Meeting
- Rare Film Footage of Mt. St. Helens Volcanic Eruption
- History of the Solar System Found in Meteorite
- Rice Northwest Museum Summer Festival Featured in Oregonian