The Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals’ Annual Summer Festival is right around the corner on August 1-2, 2015, and we have a fantastic list of vendors, exhibits, and rock clubs coming to dazzle everyone.
We are honored to have exhibits and representatives of the following rock, gem, and mineral clubs at Summer Festival. They will be presenting a variety of demonstrations with activities for children and families as well.
- Tualatin Valley Rock and Gem Club
- Clackamette Mineral and Gem
- Columbia Willamette Faceters Guild
- Mount Hood Rock Club
- Northwest Mineral Prospectorâ€™s Club (NWMPC)
- OAMS â€“ Oregon Agate & Mineral Society
Fred and Wilma Flintstone will be there the whole weekend with their Flintmobile giving “rides” to kids of all ages. Come get your photograph taken with these amazing living cartoon characters and rockhounds.
OMSI will have an exhibit exploring the science of rocks and minerals.
We have a wide range of vendors bringing their beautiful rocks, minerals, fossils, and gemstones for you to buy as well as demonstrations of lapidary and jewelry making. Our exhibitors include the following:
- Sharleen Harvey
- “Days Past” with Marian Carroll
- “Earthly Treasures” with Jim and Sherry Smith
- “Fred and Wilma Flintstone” with Mitch Metcalf
- “Global Mineral” with Krista Dennis
- “Grand Products, Ltd” with Boris Chen and Ellen Law
- “Nature’s Art” with Mikala Eslinger
- “Rare Earth Exploration” with Austin Arp
- Steve Falconbury
- “The 3rd Rock” with Alise Lundmark
- “Treasures by Tilgner” with Lamar and Merlia Tilgner
- “Viper Lapidary” with Tiffany Jackson
- “Art and Artifact” with Paul Foulon
- “Lost Viking” with Eric Chilson
- “Camelsmith Gems” with Len Rummel
- “Martell and Martell Rock Shop” with Brian and Peggy Martell
- “F-R-O-G Creations” with Sandy Metheany
- “The Hummingbird Kisser” with Kimberly Brown
Food trucks by Momo’s Hawaiian Shave Ice (Saturday) and Alvaros Tacos (Sunday) will be there for the hungry masses. And we are thrilled to have Jerico Road joining us for some lively musical entertainment Sunday as well.
The fun starts Saturday, August 1, at 10 AM and goes through Sunday, August 2 at 5 PM. We look forward to seeing you there!
IMPORTANT ROAD CONSTRUCTION ALERT: Please note that Helvetia Road will be closed August 8, 2015 because of construction.Â Not to worry! Just follow our detour instructions and be alert for detour signs to guide you to the Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals and the 2015 Summer Festival.