The Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals, an Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, seeks a curator to manage, maintain, and promote the museumâ€™s collection of rocks, minerals, fossils, gems, and meteorites. The curator must have the technical and managerial skills and expertise required to maintain, display, and enhance the Museum’s extensive collections and associated records. The position requires a dynamic person with a proven ability to translate the mineral collection into accessible and compelling exhibits and teaching tools or programs.
Competencies & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelorâ€™s degree in geology, Masterâ€™s or PhD preferred.
- At least 2 years technical experience in mineral sciences involving education, curation and/or collection management with a detailed knowledge of mineral collection management.
- Proficiency in basic personal computer applications.
- Basic knowledge of scientific mineralogical equipment.
- Proficiency in the use of both verbal and written English language.
- An ability to convey excitement about the value of earth sciences to scholars and novices alike. The curator must be as comfortable with people as with minerals and be capable of introducing one to the other.
Full job description and details are available atÂ https://ricenorthwestmuseum.org/contact/job-seekers/
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ Â or mail job materials to Julian C. Gray, Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals, 26385 NW Groveland Drive, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124. Application materials must be received by October 8, 2018. No phone calls, please.