Thank you for your continued support. Because of you, we were able to develop rich and relevant exhibit content, fund financial aid for schoolchildren, facilitate community events, and create engaging programming and innovative experiences for guests of all ages within and beyond the walls of the Museum. Thanks to our supporters, 2018 was a truly incredible year.
The mission of the Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals is to engage, inspire, and educate generations on the splendor and complexities of our Earth.
Last year, we demonstrated that together we have the power to accomplish many goals. Here are a few ways in which we fulfilled our mission in 2018:
• Record breaking attendance at the Museum and all events: 33,000 visitors and counting.
• Created bilingual exhibits to reflect the diversity of our community.
• Sponsored hundreds of kids to bring programs to Title I schools, improving access for students who otherwise might not get to experience the Museum.
• Reached more than 9000 school children on field trips to the museum.
• Community outreach at festivals and events around the Pacific Northwest.
• Taken our STEM programming into dozens of schools in the Portland area.
We are proud of the tremendous progress we have made together, both at the Museum and in the community. Now, it is time, through your support, to make 2019 even better. We rely on your donations to help keep our future fresh and vibrant. While admission fees and museum store purchases cover our operating expenses, we rely on donations for new exhibits, events and programs, and for reaching thousands of school children every year on field trips.
Your investment will be used wisely. While continuing to care for our collection and historic building, we want to upgrade our exhibit cases and security system in order to make the most of the Smithsonian Affiliations loan program and to borrow from other outstanding collections from our friends around the country.
We call upon all donors now to join us on our mission to engage, inspire, and educate generations on the splendor and complexity of our Earth! There are many ways to support the museum. There are many ways to give. Donate online or contact us now to donate in another way. All donations are powerful. Please give what you can today. Thank you, we look forward to seeing you often at the Rice Museum.